If you are able to buy smoked ribs from your local or butcher I highly recommend you give them a try. They are full of flavor and already cooked low and slow making it possible to have delicious, tender ribs on a weeknight.
These ribs I got from Jildert. You might remember him from my Smoked Pork Chops post here. Oh and he brought me the sausage for the sausage meatballs too! Anyways, I am getting to the end of my reserves now but still have these delicious ribs!
Smoked ribs will already be salted so I do not recommend adding more salt to them. So keep an eye on the sodium content of your BBQ sauce or make your own! If you have a dietary restriction when it comes to sodium be aware of that too. For the rest of us though, smoked ribs are freakin’ awesome!
They are so full of flavor already so don’t get carried away. A sweet rib sauce is the best option here. Cook it fast and caramelize the sugars and get it on your plate in 10 minutes. So easy…
- Smoked Pork Ribs
- Sweet Rib Sauce (store bought or homemade)
- Cover the ribs in BBQ sauce and allow to come to room temperature
- Preheat the oven on broil or your BBQ to high
- Place meat away from the heat first (face DOWN in oven/broiler, face UP on BBQ) and allow to cook 5 minutes keeping an eye on it, the sugars can easily burn
- Flip the ribs over and cook another 3 minutes
- Remove from the heat and serve while hot
For a delicious and traditional side, serve with this Oil and Vinegar Slaw.