Wonton soup has always been one of my favorites. I work at a Chinese restaurant as one of my very first jobs and was able to memorize this recipe. It’s a light soup that I love to serve when someone is sick.
The broth is light and delicious and the wontons add a ton of flavor! Super addicting recipe. Wonton Wrappers can be picked up in most grocery stores even in a small town. Sometimes it is stored with the veggies near the bean sprouts(for spring rolls)! This can also be made with rice wraps!
- ½ lb pork loin
- 2 oz shrimp
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP rice wine
- 1 TBSP soy
- 1 tsp ginger root
- 1 tsp green onion
- Brown the pork in a pan
- Add all the other ingredients and sautee
- Once everything is nice and soft, I like to puree it with a food processor or hand blender
- Put a teaspoon of mixture into each of the wontons and seal the edges with water
- Boil a pot of chicken stock and add the wontons to it
- They will be ready to serve in 3-5 minutes
- Pour into bowl and sprinkle with green onions
- Serve with chow mein noodles if you have them and hot sauce
If you want to make your own wonton wrappers, check out my post here.