Roasted Whole Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- 1 large whole roasting chicken
- Remove any spare giblets and whatnot that you do not plan on cooking/eating.
- First rinse the chicken off, inside and out.
- Pat dry.
- Sprinkle salt evenly over the entire chicken. I use about 1 Tbsp for a large bird.
- Lightly dust with pepper
- place the wings behind the body and tie the legs together (this is optional but helps everything to cook evenly)
- Place in slow cooker on low for 6-10 hours.
- play with seasonings! Sometimes I use sage, rosemary, garlic powder or poultry seasoning but it is also incredible delicious with only salt and pepper.
- You can prepare the chicken and store it seasoned overnight. In the morning all you have to do it pop it in the crockpot and turn it on.
- You may also put it under the broiler for 3-5 minutes when finished cooking if your crockpot did not brown it enough.
Recipe by Back To My Roots at http://backtomyroots.ca/roasted-whole-chicken-slow-cooker/