The last few weeks I have been crazy visiting with an endless amount of nights out which I am beginning to feel too old for.
I need a rebound. I need something healing, energizing and low-calorie. And ideally something hydrating to help me recover from the extra drink or two I have had. We have all been there!
There is nothing better than a warming, healing bowl of garden vegetable soup to restore you and get you ready for the days ahead. It is so easy to make and has endless combinations. It can be made with any of your favorite veggies.
Usually I make this soup in the summer when my garden is full of fresh veggies that I am trying desperately to work through but it works just as well with winter veggies.
The basic formula is easy so don’t over-think it. First add aromatics(garlic, onions, celery), then your favorite veggies (potatoes, green beans or anything else you like), Then add broth (chicken, veggie or beef). And at the very end add your quick cooking veg (frozen corn, frozen peas, edamame etc).
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped in large pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup green beans
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen corn and/or peas
- In a heavy bottom pot, saute the onions, garlic, celery and carrots in the olive oil until the veg starts to brown and the onions become translucent
- Add the potatoes, chicken broth and green beans and simmer until the potatoes are tender
- Add the frozen corn and/or peas and heat another 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy