If you are gluten free or know someone who is, then you know what a pain it is when you need some gluten free bread and have none.
I am the only one in my house who is gluten free so I often need just one bun for a burger or sandwich and this is my new go-to recipe. It only takes a minute in the microwave and makes a soft and delicious gluten free bun or bread.
What I love about this recipe is that I can bring it with me premixed in a ziplock bag. I wouldn’t do that for just any party, but to visit my sister or parents I wouldn’t think twice about bringing some along to quickly microwave. Then I can have my burger on a fresh, warm bun.
A little ceramic dish makes the perfect sized bun for a burger or breakfast sandwich. It is also delicious topped with homemade Chia Seed Jam.
- Combine the wet ingredients together, then add the dry ingredients
- Put into a microwavable dish
- Cook in the microwave for 80 seconds
- Remove from dish and allow to cool on a rack
**UPDATE** I would like to thank Susan who worked out a batch of dry mix that will produce 5 buns. This is great for making and taking along with you. It is a “Just Add Water” mix which means you can whip it up just about anywhere (even camping as Susan recommended!).
- Mix a scant ½ cup of dry mix with ¼ cup water.
- Cook in the microwave for 80 seconds or in the oven at 350 until cooked through (about 12-15 minutes)