Have I ever told you how I feel about cheesecake? I have a special place in my heart (and a separate stomach) dedicated to cheesecake.
I love it any way with just about any flavorings. It is so quick to make and always gets such amazing reviews. There is a cheesecake recipe for every season and occasion. Cherry, Apple, Pumpkin, Oreo, Lime and about a million more I have tried and loved over the years.
When it comes to making my own I lean toward the New York Cheesecake style. It is a creamy and decadent baked cheesecake. It is dense and rich and wonderful. This is not a low calorie snack but oh so worth it! Especially when you top it with warm salted caramel sauce.
I have broken down this recipe into 3 pieces because cheesecake is so versatile. The cookies in the graham crumb can be changed out for just about any crunchy cookie or nut (pecan is a very good idea). And depending on the occassion you might decide to change out the topping for any number of flavor combinations. But my cheesecake filling is ALWAYS the same base of cream cheese, sugar and egg in that combination.
This recipe is amazing and mouthwatering just the way it is but should also give you the ability to be creative in the future and try some flavors of your own! I would love to know your favorite cheesecake topping!
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs ( I used gluten free Smoreables)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 12 ounces softened cream cheese
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Caramel Sauce:
- 12 caramels (kraft or other bulk caramels)
- 1 Tbsp milk (i used unsweetened almond milk)
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners.
- Grind up the graham crackers into a fine crumb then mix in the brown sugar, salt and melted butter.
- Divide the graham mixture evenly between the 24 mini cups and press them down.
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Beat together the cream cheese and white sugar until the mixture is smooth
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined
- Divide the mixture evenly between the mini cups (I had extra so made another little mini cheesecake on the side to snack on)
- BAke for 15 minutes or until the centers are set
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour
- Caramel Sauce:
- Melt these together on the stove or in the microwave. They melt quickly so keep an eye on them and make sure not to burn them!
- Divide evenly on top of the cooled mini cheesecakes and sprinkle each one with a few pieces of kosher of other flaked salt.
- Refrigerate until it is ready to serve or eat with the caramel sauce still warm on top!
It means a lot to me to read your comments and see your ratings. I always look forward to your questions and recommendations and try to write back to everyone quickly.
Your star ratings mean a lot to me so if you tried the recipe, please let me if you liked it (or not :p).