Well this is jsut the easiest gluten free bread you are ever going to make. Okay unless you have made the One Minute GF Bread but this is the fastest hot-out-of-the-oven bread and there is enough to share.
The best part about Brazilian Cheese Bread is that is it naturally gluten free. The original recipe has never required and gluten grains and it gets it amazing chewy texture from the tapioca starch which is an amazing gluten substitute.
- ½ cup milk (almond, cow, etc)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring the milk, oil and salt to a boil
- Just as it starts to boil add the tapioca flour, stiring until all the dry flour is absorbed
- Move to your stand mixer with a paddle attachment and run for 5 minutes until it all comes together and is smooth
- Add the beaten egg and run another minute or so until well combined
- Then add the parmesan and run another minute until it is all well mixed, it should be somewhere between a cake batter and cookie dough consistency. Add more flour or milk as needed
- Use a tablespoon or mini ice cream scoop to portion out onto a parchment covered pan. My scoop size made 9
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. If yours are smaller than mine keep an eye on them at about 22 minutes.
- Fresh out of the oven they will still be very gooey. These are best once let cool 15-20 minutes.