I have discovered the easiest way to make delicious gluten free pancakes. Chickpea flour pancakes have the perfect texture, are simple to make and very high in protein. Trust me, give this recipe a try and you won’t be disappointed.
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 6 Tbsp water
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- optional cinnamon, vanilla etc
- This makes 3-4 pancakes
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl
- Pour into a nonstick pan over medium heat
- When bubbles come to the surface, flip the pancake over and cook another minute
- Serve with your favourite pancake toppings
I can’t believe after all the years of mixing together flours to make gluten free pancakes that I would come across something so simple. And by accident! I was using chickpea flour and water to make a flatbread but when I let Jonny try it he thought it was a savoury pancake. I realized he was right, and that with a little leavening it would make a delicious pancake. And I was right!
Let me warn you now, do not try the batter before cooking. It is bitter and awful. Just trust me on this!
If you give this a try please let me know how it goes! I appreciate your comments so much!
Until next time,