I am really in love with crustless pies right now. I have an awesome gluten free pie crust that I use but sometimes the filling is all I really want. And trust me, when you make the perfect pumpkin pie filling, no one misses the crust.
Here in Canada, Thanksgiving has long since come and gone but I know a lot of my cross-border neighbours are just amping up for your celebrations. Thanksgiving can be full of heavy, rich, delicious, filling meals. So if you are looking to offer a lighter choice on the dessert table you should definitely give this a try. This is great for guest who are gluten free or watching their sugar intake. It can also be made dairy free by using almond, rice, soy or cashew milk. Personally I really enjoy the creaminess from the cashew milk.
Using cashew milk and splenda, mine came out to 82 calories for 1/6th of the pie! I have even tried it with all egg whites for an even lower calorie count. This pumpkin pie is so low cal that if you decide you want to make it a regular part of your diet then go ahead! You could even have it for breakfast… I won’t tell anyone 🙂
- 15 oz pumpkin puree (almost 2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used cashew milk)
- ¾ cup Splenda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Mix everything together and pour into a 9" pie pan
- Bake at 425F for 20 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350F and bake another 25 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Top with whipped cream (optional) and serve!