This is the exact peanut butter cookie recipe you want to have on hand if you want something sweet without the mess. Once you have made this recipe once, it is so easy to remember that you can make it any time. It takes me about 10 minutes to measure, mix and get it in the oven.
Feel free to mix up the recipe once you’ve perfected it. It is amazing with peanuts, skor bits, smarties along with many other add-ins I am sure you can think of. It you are feeling a little more decadent, put a scoop of chocolate ice cream between two cookies. What an amazing treat!
For those of you who are gluten free or live with someone who is… how amazing is this?!? I love finding those recipes that were gluten free to begin with instead of making a bunch of strange alterations.
This has become my default peanut butter cookie recipe. I hope you love it as much as I do!
*** I have also made this recipe with other nut butters with huge success. Almond and pecan butters are highly recommended by me 🙂
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat over to 350F, grease 2 cookie sheets
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter and sugar until smooth
- Beat in eggs one at a time
- Stir in baking soda, salt and vanilla
- Roll into small balls in your hand and put on baking sheet, press down with a fork
- Bake 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cook 5 minutes before moving to a rack to cool ( or eat!)